Acne Vulgaris which is commonly called Acne is a type of skin disorder. The main reason for acne appearing in specific skin regions like face, chest, shoulders, back, upper arms etc. is the maximum presence of sebaceous follicles. Also the major reason for acne being most common among the age group of twelve to twenty five is the release of a hormone called ‘testosterone’ in the body just after the puberty. Acne is commonly associated with nodules, pin heads, blackheads, whiteheads and deep scars.
If this was about the problem faced mostly by adolescents, skin aging is an issue with grown ups mostly. People usually above thirty face the problems of early skin wrinkling, sagging, dry and dull appearance, redness, discoloration and general laxity which makes their skin look like that of an aged person. Here is the compilation of specific techniques for anti aging skin care and acne care which are not gender specific.
- Skin is mostly associated with Vitamin C. Include the sources in your diet instead of supplements. Fruits like tangerine, grapes, raspberry, spinach, lemon, orange, cauliflower, garlic and lime can be consumed in natural form or through cooked food. This helps to build healthy skin from within and achieve optimum metabolic rate, as they contain antioxidants.
- Other nutrients like Vitamin A, B, D, minerals and proteins are to be supplied to the body through the food we eat. These nutrients are responsible for proper functioning of all the systems in body and supplies required nutrition to skin too through blood. Vitamin A contains retinol which has a positive effect on skin health. Proteins are responsible for growth and repair of cells. Green leaves, carrots, papaya, egg and all vegetables are good sources of essential nutrients. Berries are also rich in all the above nutrients and antioxidants.
- Drinking water is known to have magical effect on skin health and one of the best anti aging tips and acne skin care. No matter what kind of skin problem you have, water can never be harmful. It can restore all body1.activities to normalcy and ensures the clearance of unwanted particles, thus giving a healthier and younger skin.
- Regular physical exercises, sports and work outs can supply oxygen and dietary nutrients through proper blood flow to your skin. Sweating is considered good for skin as they assist proper ‘skin breathing’.
- Note that these steps are not only helpful but are very necessary to fight against most skin disorders, not only skin aging and acne.
Wash your skin with exfoliating chemicals to remove all the dead cells and dirt. This removes a layer of the old and sagging epidermal layer.
- Skin with acne too needs cleaning the skin at regular intervals with just plain water or a mild soap with peroxide additive. Do not scrub your skin and wipe it with a clean soft cloth by mildly pressing the skin.
- After the skin is cleaned, using external cosmetic aid can help protect the skin from harmful agents like sun, wind, extreme temperatures, UV and particulate matter in the air.
- Use moisturizers with ingredients of vitamin A and C, and is known to impart nutrients from outside. Use proper sun block or sun screen cream while stepping out.
- Those with acne can apply protective creams which do not contain oily ingredients.
- Do not use moisturizers if your skin is oily.
- Never pinch or squeeze the acne. Best skin maintenance tip is to avoid handling the skin with bare hands unnecessarily; instead use cotton, brushes with soft bristles or even a soft clean cloth while handling your skin.