Ever thought that the weird faces you make might actually help you build a better facial muscle tone and reduce the wrinkles and fine lines? Well, as a matter of fact they do!
Facial exercises are gaining popularity as they are simple to perform, does not entail the dangers of going under the knife and most of all the end result is a toned face. And if that does not convince you then you might as well have a good laugh while performing them! After all laughter is the best medicine!
Many experts in the field believe that facial exercises help take away a few years off your face. They tone the sagging facial muscles. They work by stimulating the blood flow to the cheeks, forehead, eyes and skin underneath it, chin and nose. They help reduce the puffiness of the face and under eyes especially due to water retention. It helps to detoxify by removing the harmful toxins from the lymphatic system.
The exercises are simple to follow and take up to 15 – 20 minutes to perform. Thus you can sit in front of a mirror (with added doses of laughter!) or do them at work while sitting at the computer. Here are a few exercises to begin with:
Facial Exercises For Cheeks
1. You can try this simple exercise for cheeks by smiling in a relaxed manner and then sucking in your cheeks onto as well as towards the teeth. Hold this pose for 10 seconds and relax. Do this 10 times at one go.
2. Another exercise involves smiling as much widely as possible. Do not expose your teeth. Just hold the pose and relax after 10 seconds. Do this 10 times. A helpful tip is imagining that you are meeting people and you need to smile. Practice in front of a mirror to get it right.
Facial Exercises For Lips
1. For a perfect pout, pucker up the lips a little. Try to lift your pursed lips towards the nose. Freeze this pose for 5 seconds and relax. Practice 5 times.
2. An alternate exercise is done by placing two fingers on the outside edge of your lips and slowly sliding them an inch at a time outwards in opposite directions. Hold for 5 seconds and relax.
Facial Exercises For Eyes
1. Exercises for eyes are aimed towards reducing the puffiness and crow feet around the eye’s skin. Begin by closing the eyes and placing the index fingers on the outer edges, gently pulling the skin by pushing the fingers out towards your hair line. Then open your eyes wide and holding the pose for a few seconds and then relax.
2. Another alternative is to close your eyes and relax. Now lift your eyebrows and stretch the eyelids downward as much as possible. Keep this pose for 5 seconds and relax. Practice 5 times.
Facial Exercises For Neck
1. Stretch your neck muscles by tilting your head back in a gentle manner and holding them for a few seconds. Relax and repeat 5 times.
2.The next exercise is sure to make others watching you laugh! Sit straight and back tilt head and at the same time keep your lips closed and relax. Now move the lower lip above the upper lip as much as possible and hold the pose for1/2 a minute. Relax and practice 5 times.
You can incorporate these and many other exercises within your daily workout routine. Or you can do them in your free time. You will notice a toned and better looking skin after doing them consistently.