When it comes to aging, the main thing which women are more cautious and worried about is the menopause. The advancement in science has proven that, menopause is not merely a cessation of menstrual cycle; rather it is a set of changes that occur after a long period of time.
Women are always in search of sources where they can find information about menopause. The lines below give a full insight to the phenomenon of menopause.
Menopause – Signs
In most women menopause occurs between the ages of 45-55, which makes the menstrual cessation average age 51years. The major symptoms that represent the start of menopause, or the premenopausal phase are:
• Women experience hot flashes
• Excessive weight gain, especially in the abdominal area
• Frequent experiencing of mood swings.
• The vagina gets dry.
• Most women also experience unpredictable menstrual bleeding.
Menopause – Causes:
According to research the main reason for the cause of menopause, is the decrease in the production of female hormones, progesterone, and estrogen. The ovaries cease to produce sufficient amount of these hormones that can build the lining of uterus every month.
Menopause – Effects
Besides affecting the menstrual flow, this lack of production of progesterone, and estrogen also causes severe damage to the body in various forms. The evident effects of menopause on the body and health can be seen in the following forms.
• The obvious effect of menopause can be seen in the form of several cardiovascular diseases.
• Women in menopause phase also experience substantial decrease in bone mass.
• Studies show that after menopause, women experience a loss in bone density, which ranges from 2-3 percent every year.
• Risk of facing osteoporosis increases greatly
• With the decrease in estrogen level, the level of cholesterol goes up, which may result in various heart diseases.
Menopause – Treatment
Besides the medical treatment of undergoing HRT, exercise is the best way to cope up with the effects of menopause. Some of the exercises that can help you cope up with the effects of menopause in a better manner are given below.
• It is well proven that exercises that involve weight-bearing, increase the bone mass, which can help in fighting the effects of menopause.
• Aerobic exercises can come in handy when it comes to fighting the heart diseases caused by menopause.
• Aerobic exercises have also been found to be associated with minimizing the effects of menopause symptoms. They reduce the severity of hot flashes up to 55 percent.
• Aerobics can also help in betterment of mood, reduction of fatigue, insomnia, and irritability.
• Strength training helps in building of muscle mass, which increases the metabolism, so you won’t gain weight after menopause.
• Deep breathing is also a light exercise that can help you treat hot flashes.
• Women, who want to reap the maximum fruits of menopause pertaining to exercise, should devise a proper plan, in which they could allocate proper time to each activity and technique. Like they should allocate some time or some days for weight bearing exercises, some days for aerobics, and in some days, they should indulge in strength building exercises.
In short, the above-mentioned detail is the crux of all you need to know about menopause, its symptoms, effects, and ways to cope up with its effects.